Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dear Glenn

Dear Mr,
Happy Anniversary, baby! 5 years already, or is it 4? ;) Notice that I posted this at midnight, exactly between our two anniversaries. Five years ago yesterday/today, we stood in that Pensacola court house and said, "I Do" in that weird gray office with fake flowers on the desk. How old was that girl that married us anyway? I remember her being about 18 years old.


I feel like that was a lifetime ago, but I suppose it was 3 houses, 3 PCSs and a country away. What an adventure it has been. I remember when we filmed our wedding video and I said that I was excited for the life we had ahead of us: new places to live, buying houses and starting a family together. What an adventure it's going to continue to be. I'm so excited!

It really stinks that this is our first anniversary that we will have to spend apart, but after these last several years, I'm getting good at email, Skype and phone calls. You're getting pretty good yourself. I don't always do well with the indefinite and unknown schedules, but you make up for it with your level-headedness and the way you manage to stay calm and collected in most situations. We'd be a mess if we both acted like me. :)

I'm not worried one bit about our future. I'm ready to jump in with both feet without knowing what comes next. With the Navy leading the way, I suppose that's a good thing! I'm so lucky to have you by my side. You may not always be literally by my side, but I love that we have a relationship where you trust me and I trust you. When it came to the craziness of this last month, you trusted me to make a good decision. That means a lot to me. We walk side by side and approach situations together. I know you love to tell me, "You're the boss" in the most sarcastic way possible, but when it comes to the important stuff, we're a team.  We're family.

I'm impressed every day with how well you do your job. You are supporting and defending our country and I'm so proud of you. Many people couldn't handle this lifestyle, but you do it so well and you look good doing it.


Thanks for bringing me on this adventure, Mr. I can't imagine being with anyone else.
I love you,

K

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Happy Anniversary. Lv Sherri

Related Posts with Thumbnails