Monday, August 22, 2011

Many Families

Family vacation was amazing. It made my heart so happy (in the words of my friend Amy K) to be close to them again and connect in a way only a family can. Like I said before, only one big thing was missing, my other half. I have a ton of pictures that I'll download after I travel the 7000 miles home.

My family went home on Sunday afternoon and I spent the night with friends in our old home and soon to be home again, Norfolk. I haven't seen Amy and Zach for 3 years, we've talked on skype 3 or 4 times in the last 3 years, but it was like we were never apart. We talked for hours and hours about everything we've missed in eachother's lives for 3 years. It was wonderful.

The Navy is so big, but in the aviation community, we seem to cross paths over and over again with people we lose touch with, but then find again. And those special few, that never leave your life. I'm going to be so sad to leave Japan in a few short months, but I know our paths will cross again with our Navy "family". I love that about this life. Goodbyes are way too difficult, but I can muster a "see you later".

My flight was canceled this morning to NY, but after a few tears at the Delta counter, an understanding agent and a "my husband is coming home from deployment" card, I've been rebooked through Detroit and will make it home in time to see my hubby fly home for the last time. That makes my heart happy as well.

While waiting for my flight that leaves 3 hours later than orginally planned, I've been chatting with several other military folks in the Hampton Roads USO. A volunteer who is from Japan, a Marine who was stationed in Okinawa and a few other friendly Military family members and service members. I am so proud to be a part of the Navy. I might not be the service member, but I'm a part of this crazy family. I love it.

18 hours to go and I'll be home. A little bit longer and I'll be together with my little family. I can't wait.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails