Monday, March 12, 2012

Employed!

I got a call while I was at the airport last Friday and was asked to come in for an interview on Monday. I honestly didn't even remember much about the company since I have applied for so many and applied for this job back on January 17th. I had to come home and do a bit of research. Oddly enough too, it was one of the jobs I applied for on Career Builder. No, it wasn't the job where I was #1426, but I was #155.

I guess they hired someone else but it didn't work out. Well, I interviewed this morning and they offered me the job on the spot! I start tomorrow! I'll have a whole day of work before I even have a chance to tell Glenn! He's out on the ship for a few days.

I guess I won't be painting the living room for awhile, but at least we'll have some extra money to buy the paint.

Thank you Hiller Systems for hiring a mil spouse (and knowing it)! Finding a job as a mil spouse with 3 states, 2 countries and a 3 year "gap"on my resume was pretty difficult. I did take a pay cut for the new job, but it seems like there are opportunities for growth at this company.

I think Stella is going to take it the hardest! Glenn and I haven't both been working (not at home) full time since 2008 before we moved to Japan!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails