Saturday, May 18, 2013

3 Months

As Lincoln gets older, he is more and more fun. He smiles like crazy now and has the biggest open mouth smile that just melts my heart. It makes all those tough moments worth every second for just a little smile. He also has started to giggle a bit. It's more of a chuckle, but it is the best.

Month 3 also ended my maternity leave. If you're reading this, you've read my trials and tribulations about working. I never thought I would have such a hard time going back to work, but I've never knew what it was like to be a mom. It's the hardest and best thing all at the same time.

I honestly think that my post-partumness finally ended around month 3 as well. I finally feel like my self again and that I can handle being a mom. It has probably also taken me that long to figure out what the heck I'm doing so perhaps they go hand in hand with feeling comfortable taking care of another human being that depends solely on me (for nutrition) and Glenn and me for everything else. It's a lot of pressure! I think we're doing alright though.

I've learned to accept that my baby is not going to be a 3 hour napper and I can read all the books in the world, but he is who he is and he likes to take 30-60 min naps 4-5 times a day. Thank goodness he will take them in his carseat, in the stroller and just about wherever we are. Today he took a 90 min nap on a mattress on the floor in his soon-to-be-best-friend's nursery-to-be. I'll take it. Now, he just needs to learn to do it at day care. 

Daytime sleeping aside, he is a wonderful, laid back baby. Daycare told me yesterday that they "kind of neglect him at times" because he is so content. Unless he is tired or hungry, he's pretty happy. I rocked him during my lunch break for an hour one day and he was totally content, but just wouldn't fall asleep. Turns out he had a 10 day in the making poop in his pants. No crying, just hanging out! Love our kid.

And now, the best part. More pictures! Lincoln is going to grow up thinking my cell phone is attached to me (which it mostly is) cause it's in his face all the time. Sorry bud! He's getting so big already. His 4-month appointment is just a few weeks away.
9 Weeks
10 Weeks
11 Weeks
12 Weeks
And in case you missed it...



1 comment:

Simple Purposeful Living said...

If it makes you feel better my kids did several short naps until 5-6 months and then transitioned to 2 semi-longer ones and a cat nap around dinner time. Mine were kind of on the baby wise schedule (on their own) where they were up for an hour or less, slept and then were hungry (3 hour cycle) and that lasted a while!!!! You are a great mommy....I went back with Solon for a year. You are doing fabulous and look great too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails