Thursday, September 25, 2014

It takes an Army... er.... Navy

Glenn and I have been out of town for a few days and our friends and family have gone above and beyond. They took Lincoln without hesitation (actually they "fought" about who GOT to keep him) and mom flew in with a day's notice. They say it takes a village to raise a family but I think it's more like a Navy. No one quite understands the immediate support that a military spouse receives from her fellow spouses unless you are a part of the amazing club. Watch my kid so I can get a hair cut? Boom, done. Know someone who lives in San Diego? Boom, instant friend and resource. Where should I live in DC? Don't even worry about it. 

My little Navy took Lincoln, picked up my mom from the airport, helped her get settled and even made my mom dinner. Talk about the best friends ever. All while a few of their hubbies are gone for a month. 

They are amazing and I've got to think of some awesome way to repay them all. You are the best!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it - and love that Lincoln is in such good hands while you have your hands full!

Related Posts with Thumbnails