What a crazy week! The house is empty and I have left Norfolk.
The move took 4 days this time. One day to pack HHG (household goods), one day to move them. One day to pack/pick up our UAB (unaccompanied baggage) and one day to pack/pickup our storage shipment. I now have 3 inventory lists and 3 separate moving companies to keep track of. Whew! Let's hope everything makes it to where it is suppose to be. Or that I see it again in 3 years in the case of our storage items. I am so glad my mom came in to town to help me oversee the movers, clean the house and overall stay organized. Since our HHG's were picked up on Wednesday which included all of our furniture, we had to stay at our good friends' house, the Polsons. (Love you guys!) Mom, me and Stella were cozy in one bed for a few nights.
We also had several farewell dinners with our Norfolk friends. Most of whom we have been with since Kingsville. I am going to miss you all dearly. You are my Navy family and our next station will not be the same without you. I secretly hope at least one of you gets Japan even though I know most of you would rather not move there. I love you all too much to not want to be with you! Honestly though, you are all wonderful friends and I will miss you all dearly. I think all my tears this week spoke for that. The great thing about the Navy though, I know I will see some of you again someday. The bond that is Kingsville is hard to break.
I am now on Leg #1 of my trip home- down in Cary, North Carolina visiting my grandparents. Jen flies in tonight to make the drive back with me on Wednesday and mom leaves on Tuesday. I will be seeing many of you in the upcoming week.
Bye for now,
Kelly & Stella.
PS. I will post pics of our moving truck soon. It looked like a jalopy. No moving truck this time, just a flatbed with wooden crates!
Easy Grilled Pesto Chicken Wings
2 days ago

1 comment:
Can't wait to see you and Jen on Thursday. If you guys get here at a decent hour on Wednesday the whole family will be going to my parents for dinner!! Drive safe. See you soon. Linz
Post a Comment