Sunday, August 2, 2009

Beer and Phone Calls

The USS George Washington is pulling in to port today! For the 5500 sailors on board this meets drinking and possibly not sleeping in a tin can for a few days and for the thousands of spouse's back here and in the states, that means phone calls and web chats!

I decided not to go since I just got back from the States and few days ago and I didn't want to leave Stella, again. I really wish I was there to see Glenn, but he'll be home soon (just not soon enough). We're still waiting on TDY orders for Glenn, but it looks like a strong possibility that Glenn will fly from port (I'll tell you where once they are actually there) back to the States for LSO training for a few weeks and possibly a swing through a few states to see family and friends. I know he is very excited! I can't wait for phone calls and Skyping!

2 comments:

Sarah Stewart said...

Orders? Is your tour in Japan already over?

Christene said...

That's what I was thinking! What orders are you waiting for?

Related Posts with Thumbnails