Sunday, December 26, 2010

Yunessun Onsen

The weekend before Christmas, Glenn and I joined an MWR tour where we went to the Yunessen Onsen. Onsens are very popular in Japan. Think of it as a naked hot spring. I've described them before. This place was a little different though. It was more of a swimsuit friendly water park hot spring.
You wear your swim suit and then they also give you a towel and small jacket. Since there are spa rooms, restaurants and rest/relaxing areas you can wear your jacket everywhere.


Inside there were hot tubs, a large child-friendly water park and Dr. Fish (you put your feet in a pool and these small fish eat your dead skin and it tickles!).

Outside was the best part. It was only about 40 degrees so it was cold going from pool to pool, but once you were in the water, it felt great!

It wasn't just water though, the outside pools were filled with coffee, wine, green tea, sake and charcoal water!


Glenn in the coffee pool that they brew right next to it.
Me in the red wine pool.
Glenn and I in the green tea (/ectocooler) bath.
We had a great day relaxing and enjoying all the goofy people at the spa. I would definitely recommend you make a trip!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails