Saturday, February 26, 2011

What's for Dinner? Curry Coconut Ramen

The Stars & Stripes newspaper ran a contest to use the 40 cent ramen packages in a different and inventive way. One of them sounded good so I gave it a try. I had to buy some veggies, a lime, ramen and coconut milk, but I already had the rest of the ingredients (which looks like a lot now that I see the picture).
I cooked the garlic in a little bit of oil, sauteed the cabbage and veggies. Set them aside along with the cooked noodles. Then I made the sauce using coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, rooster sauce and curry powder. Then I added the noodles and veggies back and tossed everything together while adding a little pasta cooking water and lime juice.
 I topped it with cilantro and chopped peanuts and a few more squirts of lime juice. I'd definitely make this again!

1 comment:

marigirl said...

that looks amazing. but...what is rooster sauce? could you sub fish sauce?

Related Posts with Thumbnails