Thursday, February 10, 2011

What's for Dinner? Butternut Squash and Feta Risotto

I have a love for butternut squash. It's sweet, it's creamy and it tastes good in many different things. I first learned to love it when my friend Laura made this pasta and now I use it all the time.

Last week I made butternut squash and feta risotto using this recipe I found online. Risotto is pretty easy though because you don't have to use exact measurements. Just add things and cook it until it is finished. That's the part that takes the longest though, but I enjoy stirring and reading facebook on the iTouch. It's relaxing to me.

The sweet squash and salty feta was a perfect combo. Since I bought a giant butternut squash, I still have almost half of it left after making a batch of the bacon/butternut pasta and this risotto. I diced the entire squash and then froze it. It lasts for a couple weeks. What to made next? Have any favorite butternut squash recipes? I might try a curry butternut soup next!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails