In no particular order...
1. Target. Where I can buy shoes! I can buy shoes again at a store! Although, Glenn would say this has saved us money, I miss being able to see a cute pair of shoes and they might actually have them in my size! And of course all the fun things that you find at Target that you never knew you needed.
2. Craft Stores. They have some here in Japan, but 1) they are expensive and 2) they don't carry scrapbook supplies or craft supplies that I use.
3. A back yard. This is really #1 on my list. Glenn and I have been looking at houses on the internet and our number 1 wish is a back yard. We can let Stella run around, we can entertain, we can eat alfresco. I can.not.wait.
4. Two towel bars. I know, so silly, but I am sick of my make shift towel bar that I have been using for 2 1/2 years. It's the little things. My current towel bar is made from 2 sticky hooks and a bar from an old shoe rack.
5. Driving. I'm excited to be able to get in the car and know where we are going. Not having to plan out our trip with landmarks and maps and the GPS. Not having to deal with crazy traffic like this. Or $25 tolls to drive to the hospital.
6. Reading. I'll be able to read the signs and the directions and the stores and the advertisements. Oh the possibilities!
7. My family. I'm excited to be able to get on an airplane for less than $1000 and see my family and friends. Birthday parties, visits, holidays. They are going to get to see me all the time!
8. Friends and Babies. Close to my arrival in America, 3 of my besties will be having babies. I can't wait to meet all of them! And baby Jack who was born a few months ago! I can't wait to see all my girlfriends. I've missed them so much!
9. Real grocery stores. I'm tired of reading a fun recipe in Food & Wine and not being able to make it because we can't find the items in the recipe. The commissary is great, but they only carry "commonly used" items. You're not going to find something unusual at the commissary. Or even the items that you need. Like the week we didn't have black beans? What was that all about? Or how I now have to special order Greek yogurt. Rame.
10. Glenn being home. Glenn recently left on his last deployment with VAW-115 and it will be our longest without seeing each other. Possibly in to triple digits. I'm not looking forward to that, but once we get to America, he will be on shore duty! That means no more long deployments or living on a ship for him! Family time for us!
Easy Grilled Pesto Chicken Wings
2 days ago


No comments:
Post a Comment