Glenn signed up for a dive trip for the day after we arrived. If we had been there longer and I was able to dive (no allowed for preggers), I think we would have gone over to Cozumel which we could see across the water. You can do a two tank drift dive along the whole island's reef. Maybe next time.
I laid on the beach, read baby magazines and got a massage while he was gone. Not a bad way to start vacation.
The resort had beautiful grounds with monkeys, turtles, peacocks, roosters, lizards and all sorts of animals roaming free. It was a 4 or 5 minute walk from our room up to the main lodge where the restaurants, disco and spa were located so it was fun to see the animals each time.
There were also so many tequila shots! None for me. After a few of these kinds of pictures, I was kind of missing not being able to drink. Luckily, we were at an all inclusive resort and there was always ice cream to be found. My new favorite is coconut ice cream. Yum!
The rehearsal dinner was on Thanksgiving day which is when many of the guests arrived. Glenn and I arrived on Tuesday and stayed until Sunday, but Paul and Natalie were there for the entire time their guests were there. It was nice to get to hang out with them before the wedding craziness started.
The resort also had a disco. It didn't open until 11 pm and we were usually the only people there minus a few randoms, but it was always fun!
The groom requested that on Friday morning, the guys played a little basketball. I think they all quickly learned that they are all close to 30 and not 18. The basketball playing was pretty entertaining for those of us watching. I think most trips down the court involved 6-8 passes and minimal dribbling.
They did much better with water basketball the next day. The water was the great equalizer between all the players, I don't want to know what happened under the surface though.
The wedding! Friday afternoon was the ceremony and the reception followed that evening. It was short and super sweet. They both wrote their own vows and Paul's dad was the officiant.
We did not mean to coordinate, but I think it looks cute. :)
Mr. and Mrs. Dunning!
They did a short champagne toast immediately following the ceremony and then the bridal party went off to take pictures before the sun set. The rest of us headed to the bar!The dinner was great (until about 6 hours later when Glenn got food poisoning :( ) and there didn't do a lot of fanfare so that everyone could get to the dancing and partying.
The spouses/fiancee of all the high guys.
Paul and all of the guys. We were just missing Brandon and Jimmy!
Thanks for letting us help celebrate with you! Congratulations!

No comments:
Post a Comment