Monday, October 28, 2013

8 months!

Dear Lincoln,
What a sweet boy you are!You are becoming more and more fun to be around. I love watching your little personality emerge. Like when you pull your self up on the coffee table, you are SO proud of yourself which you should be! You are learning so fast. You hit a major milestone this month and became mobile! You can army crawl across the room now and start kicking your legs with excitement when you do.
31 Weeks!
You got your second tooth this month. This one seemed to bother you much more than the first cause you were up at night and just didn't seem comfortable. I just hate to see you in any sort of pain, but this time there wasn't anything I could do except snuggle you. You are such a good snuggler too.
32 Weeks! It's football season now!
For the first time, you started being afraid of new people and just wanted to be snuggled by mama. This is the best and the worst feeling, Bubba. It is the best cause I love you and want to be with you and be able to comfort you all the time, but it is the so hard to leave you when all you want to do is be with me. Luckily, this was just a short phase and you are back to being your happy playful self all the time.
33 weeks! Getting stronger!
It is one of my favorite things to watch you study something and learn. Getting those synapses firing as your Papa would say. You've learned that if you see something far away, you can roll around until you get there.

You are still my skinny little guy too. Long and lean. You can still wear 3-6 month pants, but onesies and shirts are mostly 6-9 months. Last time I weighed you at home you were 17 1/2 pounds. We'll go to the doctor next month to see how much you've grown! Just looking at your car seat though, I know you've grown a bunch! Pretty soon, we'll have to get you a new one!
34 Weeks!
Mama being silly and dancing and singing silly noises makes you laugh all the time. I'd pretty much do anything to hear that laugh. It really is the best sound in the world. Pure joy! It brings joy to my life every time I hear it.

It's hard to imagine my life with out you. Daddy and I's life changed so much when you came it to it. Sometimes when I rock you to sleep at night, I stroke your little cheek and hair and wonder what you are going to be and how we got so lucky.

Sometimes (ok lots of times) I get stressed if I am doing everything right and perfect for you, but daddy has to remind me what a great kiddo you are and that we must be doing something right. You got lucky with that daddy of yours. He is the best daddy in the whole world. He takes care of you (and me!) better than anyone else in the whole world. Hard to imagine huh? Billions of people and he's the perfect man for both of us.
35 Weeks. A role reversal?
Can you believe you are already 2/3 of a year old?! Pretty soon it is going to be the holidays and then your first birthday! Wow!

Happy 8 months little one. Stay little just a bit longer, ok?

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a little stud! He is adorable - and I love the last picture... perfect :)
Kelly - you are a great mom!! I know that because I have seen you with Lincoln, and heard you talk about him. And even before you had Lincoln, you were always taking care of others. Don't doubt yourself!! Love you so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails