Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Time Zones

Adjusting to the new time zone has proved more difficult than I thought. I've gotten up around 4 am the last two mornings. Stellas is having an equally hard time. She wants to sleep all day and get up at 3 or 4 as well. Although this morning, she is still sleeping and I am awake.
Things are going well so far in Japan. Yesterday I took the driving class with Glenn. We sat through a presentation and then had to take a multiple choice test on the driving rules in Japan. I think it is going to take me awhile to get used to driving on the other side of the road and the other side of the car. We had to learn signs like this one, which is a Stop sign.
http://www.ninjawarriortv.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/527px-japanese_stop_sign_svg.png
And this one which is No Parking, No Stopping:
Image:Japanese Road sign (No Parking or Stopping).svg
After I complete a week long class about the area, I will be able to get my license. Hopefully Glenn will be able to get his on Friday and we can go buy a car this weekend!
Glenn and I are still unpacking the house and getting settled. Hopefully that will be done in the next few days. I'm trying not to just throw things up on the walls since we're going to be here for 3 years (speaking of which I found out that we will move back in September 2011), but after 4 houses, I kind of know where things go. I'll post some pictures once the house is put together!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

What a fun adventure, Kelly! Enjoy! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails