Dear Credit Card Companies,
While I understand that my telephone number is a Minnesota number and it seems so convenient for you to call, this number is not for you. This number is for my family and friends to reach me and for me to reach them. I also understand that my address is unusual and makes it difficult to determine where we are located. No city? No state? I know, it is confusing.
While all this is true, I have faith in your customer service reps to understand the simple logic:
AE - Armed forces in Europe, Africa, Canada and the middle east
AA - Armed forces America
AP - Armed forces Pacific
Now lets think about this briefly. My address is an FPO AP which means (refer to above) I am located in the Pacific. This does not include California (that would be AA) so that means I am located "far away". We won't even get in to specifics.
So what does this mean for you? It means, that that Minnesota number that looks so easy for you to call, IS NOT FOR YOU. Why is it not for you? Because unlike family and friends that know the number and more importantly, the TIME CHANGE, you do not. You do not take the time to 1) Read the notes that I know are there from the previous times you've called or 2) Determine what my address means and where I am located.
I do not appreciate phone calls at 3:30 in the morning when I stumble out of bed thinking that there is some sort of emergency back in the states when in fact you want to verify a charge I made the previous day. Did you even look at the charge? Yeah, that too was made IN JAPAN. Weird, since that is where I am too. And do you know what time it is in Japan?! 3:30 am!
I'm cranky when I get up at 3:30 am and I often yell at you, said customer service rep, but seriously?! It's 3:30 in the freaking morning. I should call you at home at 3:30 in the morning. It feels great, I promise. That's noon here, it's really no problem.
So in summary, I prefer to be contacted between the hours of 4:00 pm and 6:00 am CST and which would be 7:00 am to 9:00 pm (the following day) here. In other words, call me at the very end or very beginning of your day. It's really quite simple.
Thank you for your understanding,
Kelly
Easy Grilled Pesto Chicken Wings
2 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment