Thursday, November 19, 2009

What's for Dinner? Thai Peanut Pasta

Continuing my tradition of trying to use only ingredients I have in the house, I decided to make a Thai Peanut Butter Pasta with veggies. I can't find the recipe online, but it was basically fettuccine with sauteed snap peas, shredded carrot and red pepper. The sauce was peanut butter, hoisin sauce, Asian chili sauce (Rooster sauce) and some chicken stock.

I didn't have snap peas so I used regular peas and I sliced the carrot cause I didn't feel like getting the grater dirty and I basically eye-balled all the ingredient amounts because the recipe was for 4 and at the time, it was just me. It was a pretty good, basic recipe though. I'd give it a 6.5. I feel like you could adjust the recipe however you wanted it to taste- more spicy, more asiany, whatever. The recipe also called for chicken which I didn't have thawed so I omitted that too so a vegetarian dish it was (well does chicken broth count?).

Not bad though for 20 minutes of cooking! Stella wanted some you can tell. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails