Friday, May 28, 2010

Hibiya Park Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest? Yeah, it's May. Oh well, the Js love a good party regardless of the month I suppose. Last weekend, I headed to Tokyo's Hibiya Park with some friends to check out the German beer, food and music!
Yes, the girl on the left is with our group. Angelica? What are you standing so far away? :)
 My lovely beer there- that guy cost me 5000 yen. Yes, it is giant, but I didn't want to stand in line twice so a 1 liter beer it is! 2000 yen of that cost is a glass deposit though so when you are finished you have to go stand in line anyways and get your money back. On the bright side though, at the end of the night when all the drunk people leave their glasses lying around, you can get their deposits back too.
Towards the end of the evening, we moved under the tent where the livelier crowd was. We met fun people from Australia, America and all those other fun English speaking countries. Here is a new friend. I named him Mao. I was going for the really tall Chinese basketball player, Yao, but it seemed close enough at the time.
Here's my favorite pictures from the day (keep in mind, we were there from noon til around 10 pm):
Notice Angelica's fistful of cash. That would be from the beer glasses we returned. Our friend, Aya, had a date that night with the guy on the left. We convinced her to have him meet us at the beer festival. Not sure that was the best idea. :) Hope your date went well!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails