Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I had an iPad for 3 hours...

One of my students is obsessed with Apple. Ridiculously obsessed. To the point that he couldn't wait an additional 4 weeks for an iPad after the release date in Japan was pushed back. His solution? Ask me to order one from the US. Which has all English apps, requires use of American itunes (which requires an American credit card and mailing address). He went through all that for an iPad 4 weeks early. Ok! So here's the iPad I had for 3 hours...
He of course paid me back for the iPad, shipping, taxes, forwarding service (since Apple won't ship to FPO addresses..boo!) and my trouble, but when we made the exchange, he brought me the cutest Japanese cakes. That is true Japanese style. Do something for me, I will give you something wonderful or edible. Or wonderfully edible.
PS. Did you notice it has a little ice pack since it was hot out last week. So smart. So J.

Thanks Osami! And no Annie, I didn't take his picture, but I wish I would have! He was very excited! He drove all the way to base to pick it up!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails