Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Osaka: Day 3

We met Hillary for breakfast, and enjoyed exploring the city until lunch time where Hillary introduced us to El Pancho and their 50% off Happy Hour from 12-5 pm. Umm...yes please. What would have been a 5200 yen pitcher was only 2600 yen! Yes please!

Since I've returned and talked to my students about Osaka, they have all asked me, "What did you eat?" "Did you try takoyaki? okinomiyaki?"

"Umm...sorry to say, we ate a lot of American food!" Well, if you count tacos and pizza as American.
We were hoping to catch a Tigers baseball game in Osaka, but unfortunately, there were out of town while we were there. That didn't stop Glenn from buying a jersey though. Tiger fans are pretty hard core and several asked to take his picture since he was an American fan. Cheezu!
One of the main streets in Osaka was having a festival of some sort. I liked this dance groups hair style. Not even sure how they got that to happen!
After shopping and walking a little longer, we decided it was time to head home. We grabbed our bags from the hotel and headed to the Shinkansen (bullet train). I love these weekend trips and I am sad that they are coming to an end in Japan and with Glenn. I've already started a list of places on the east coast that I want to visit. If we go to Texas, I'll have to start another list! So many places and things to see!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails