Saturday, December 17, 2011

I love Craigslist

We bought our lovely new home and invested a lot of our savings in it which means to furnish it, I turn to Craigslist!

I've lucked out twice so far. Last weekend I purchased the China cabinet that I mentioned in my bedroom ideas post and I did in fact put it in the master bathroom. The guy was a Former Navy pilot and sold it to us for $150. I think I'll paint it white and fill in some of the details once the weather gets warmer (or I get bored being jobless).

Our second find was just this morning after we decided to host Christmas eve dinner for 5 friends and we only have 4 dining room chairs. I found two Pottery Barn armed Megan chairs (now called Grayson chairs retail value $399!) for $125 each. Sweet! I call them grow-up chairs because they are one of the few non-IKEA/non-Japan bazaar furniture that we own. Perhaps a grown up would take a iron to the slip cover...?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails