| Here it is in our Japanese apartment. |
I drew up a few plans, Glenn looked at me quizzically, but he agreed to help. First, I removed the castors and we removed the middle section of the bottom.
Next, we cut 4 2x4s into 3 different lengths to form the sides of two cubes. The height of the cube was 16" and the sides were 14" and 12".
We attached the two cubes to the bottom of the tv stand. See where I am going with this now? The cubes are slightly less wide than the top so that we could take off the bottom, attach the cubes and still attach it to the uprights again since there are bolts that attach the bottom. If that makes sense...
Cute right? Oh wait, not done yet.
I bought some fabric and some Decor velcro. The Decor part means that the hook side is sticky backed and the loop side is made to be sewed on.
I used iron on hem tape to hem a few rectangles of fabric and to attach the velcro.
I created 4 different panels. One for the side/front on each side and one for the inside sides since it looked less than pretty where we cut the middle section out.
Ta da!
And the velcro makes it so I can access my makeup or whatever else I put in there, but I still need to find a mirror before it is actually useful as a vanity. It only cost about $50 for the 2x4s, screws, velcro and fabric!

1 comment:
You need to have a TV show called Kelly's DIY Solutions.
Post a Comment