I kept Mom and Dad busy while they were here. Not too busy, but wanted them to see the sights and get to taste lots of Japanese food- they did fly all the way to Japan. Glenn was able to join us on most of the days they were here and had to work a few days, but it worked out pretty while. Here was our itinerary so I don't forget:
Wed night - arrived
Thursday - Kamakura and Shin's sushi for dinner
Friday - Command picnic and hanging out and our favorite Izakaya for dinner
Saturday - Sumo tournament in Tokyo and Popeye Beer Hall for dinner
Sunday - Meiji Shrine/Harajuku/Tokyo and Roy's for dinner
Monday - Imperial Palace/Asakusa/Tokyo
Tuesday - Yokohama/China Town/Baystar's Baseball game/Mr. Navy for dinner
Wed - left for the airport
It was a great trip and I miss them already. When they left they asked when they would see me again and it was hard to say when exactly. Probably not til next summer when Glenn is deployed again and after baby B is born. That's a long time from now!
I'm looking forward to Tim, Cheryl and Blair's visit as well as Dave and Jen's during the beginning of next year. I'm going to start adding things to my list of places I want to see in Japan so that all of the visits are different for me too!
Pictures coming soon!
Easy Grilled Pesto Chicken Wings
2 days ago

1 comment:
Glad to hear that you all had a good time! I'm excited to pick them up from the airport today and hear all about it!
Post a Comment