I saw this tutorial a few weeks back and I knew I wanted to try it. I've never attempted anything like this but the directions seemed to make sense. The hardest part of the project was finding interfacing in a Japanese craft store. I wondered around til I found something that looked about right. It turned out to work great! I've never used interfacing for a project so I wasn't sure how it worked, but for thinner fabrics, it is a must! I made the black and white one first so it has a few mistakes but the blue striped one turned out much better. Plus I used thinner fabrics which were MUCH easier to work with.
The longest part was cutting the fabrics to size, but the actual construction doesn't take very long. The first one took me about 4 hours from start to finish, but the second one, only about 2.
This picture makes me realize that my blue stripe is crooked. Oh well. I also put little pockets on the inside.
For never haven sewn anything this complicated- I'm pretty happy with it! I have a whole box full of old scraps from our pillows, roman blinds and curtains. I'm excited to make more!
Easy Grilled Pesto Chicken Wings
2 days ago

3 comments:
I'm always blown away by your talent! Those would make great birthday and christmas gift! You could throw some lipgloss in there too. Too cute!
So cute! So proud of you. I don't know if you saw...but one of my goals this month is to sew something. I haven't yet and now am inspired to make something since you made it seem so easy!
Hi Kelly! I just also wanted to say how neat these were. It is always fun seeing what you are going to put up next... so talented :) And just a "go getter" so that is a good combination!
Post a Comment