Saturday, June 26, 2010

What's for Dinner? Chicken Curry

I never knew I liked curry until I moved to Japan and tried it for the first time, but it is delicious! We have several Indian restaurants around base that we like. I also know that most Japanese restaurants serve curry over rice so even if everything else on the menu isn't appealing, that is usually a winner.
I bought curry rue a few weeks ago and decided to try it out the other day. The curry rue comes in a package of 8 cubes. It looks similar to a giant bouillon cube. First, I set the rice cooker to make about 3/4 cup of rice.Then I cooked some chicken and added some veggies. You could use pretty much any veggies you have.
Once the meat and veggies were cooked, I added about 2 cups of water and 2 of the rue cubes.
Cook until the mixture is a thicker than soup, but not too thick. I cooked mine a little too long so it was more stew like.Put some rice into a dish and cover with the curry mixture. I was pretty happy with how it turned out although my entire house smelled like curry!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails