I might just have to give myself a pat on the back after Thursday night's dinner. It turned out really well for improvising a few ingredients in the recipe! Agave syrup? Tamari? What? No ones cooks like that Food & Wine magazine. I made soba noodles with grilled shrimp and cilantro!
Here are my ingredients:
Please note that I have no idea what exactly the bottle with the yellow label is. I got it from Laura when she moved. I googled tamari and it said it was a soy sauce like substance, but with more body. This bottle smelled like soy sauce and was a little thicker. I now dub it a tamari substitute. I also substituted white sugar for agave syrup. The wise internet says you should substitute 2/3 agave syrup for however much sugar the recipe calls for. So I did the opposite conversion and added more sugar than the recipe called for.
This was my favorite part of the recipe- crispy garlic! It was like garlic chips in my pasta. Delicious!
Shrimp marinating in lime zest and oil. Yum! You must include the cilantro too. It added so much extra flavor to the dish. I suppose for you not-in-Japan people, you could use spaghetti or angel hair instead of soba noodles, but I think soba noodles taste ok cold. I'm not sure I would feel the same about spaghetti.
I'm not going to go through every step cause that's what the recipe is for. I highly recommend squeezing some fresh lime juice over everything before you eat it! I'm going to make this again on Monday when my friend Nicole comes over cause it was that good.
Easy Grilled Pesto Chicken Wings
2 days ago

1 comment:
kelly that looks REALLY good!!
Post a Comment