Thursday, July 15, 2010

Isn't it funny?

Yesterday was one of those day. One of those days that really only military wives can relate. So the rest of you that read this, bear with me. One of those days that when I hear a random Christmas song while my iPod is on shuffle, it makes me cry cause I realize Glenn won't make it home in time to set up the Christmas tree when we usually do. One of those days, when I think about him, I get the biggest lump in my throat cause I miss him so much. One of those days when you sit at work, but all I want to do is be at home with my dog watching "Sixteen and Pregnant". Don't judge, maybe I just like to watch people who's lives are far worse than mine could ever be regardless of the geographical location of my future baby-daddy. One of those days that I hate the Navy cause we have to say 'Goodbye' far more often than we want to to friends and family. So yeah, it was just one of those days.

So isn't it funny, or ironic, or cosmically wonderful that yesterday and today, I got to talk to a best friend 3 times, received an out of the blue email from an old friend, got a package from my grandparents, received the cutest present ever from Glenn (whether or not I asked for it is another story- it showed up today karma), and happened upon an impromptu neighborhood bbq that gives me the necessary reminder that I don't do this alone, and they all feel the same way (co-parenting means something different on a military base).

It was one of those days. And next week might have another one and the month after that and after that and after that, but deployments always end. And then he'll be home.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sorry to hear that you're feeling down...we're always thinking about you! Call if you ever need to talk!

Related Posts with Thumbnails