Last weekend, I went to visit my friend Hillary. Hillary has come to Atsugi base, I've been to her home town in Fukui, but this time we decided to meet somewhere else!
We started the weekend on Saturday and we both took the train to Kyoto. A famous festival, Gion Matsuri, was finishing on Saturday and we wanted to check out the end of it. We watched a parade that was somewhat disappointing (mostly because of the number of people), but it was neat to see the child that is used at the "diety" of the festival. This festival is the only one in Japan that uses an actual child for this anymore. Interesting!
Apparently it was a pants optional parade as well-
Hillary came with a few of her friends as well- Lindsey, Tessa and Kim (Rob came too but he's not in this picture). I met Tessa when I visited Fukui in March.
Kyoto was crazy hot if you couldn't tell by the use of their fans. At one point in the day we sat along the river so we could stick our feet in and cool off!
After the parade, we took the train to Osaka where our hotel was for the weekend. We stayed in a capsule hotel which was pretty nice! More pictures tomorrow!
Easy Grilled Pesto Chicken Wings
2 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment