Saturday, September 4, 2010

Bali: Day 10

We were approaching the end of island beach vacation and had only spent 1 day on the beach so far! Our second to last day in Kuta was dedicated to enjoying the beach and surf. We started the day with a barefoot run on the beach which is much more difficult than I thought it would be. We returned to the hotel, had breakfast and changed in to our suits. After a quick stop at the internet cafe and a quest to find a sun hat, we hit the sand.
The waves on Kuta beach were huge and many people were surfing. We saw the lifeguards have to rescue one girl that got pulled out too far by the current. The undertow was strong so Krystal and I stayed near the shore. It was fun to watch all of the tourists attempt to surf though.
After an afternoon at the beach, we walked back to the hotel and cooled off in the hotel pool and then took at nap. We had decided to actually get cleaned up and go out to dinner tonight. Most nights of our vacation we would eat lunch around 2 or 3 and then never really have a dinner.
We went to a great Italian restaurant near the beach that was a Dine/Lounge restaurant. They had swimming pools along side the tables and our table was more like a bed.
It was a very relaxing place and Krystal and I decided to splurge and have a nice "expensive" dinner. My tuna steak was ~$13. I love Bali.
Only one day left in Bali and one more day til I got to see Glenn!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails