Our second day in Lombok was also one of my favorite days cause we decided to go scuba diving. Krystal is also certified so it worked out perfectly to be traveling companions. We did two dives this day. The first one was called the Meno Slope. We were diving off of the Gili Islands specifically Gili Meno.
Our first dive was a drift dive meaning that the boat would drop us off at one spot, we would follow the current and they would pick us up at a different location. I've done drift dives in Guam, but nothing like this. The current was strong and fast! I joked that I felt like the turtles in Finding Nemo. Once you were in the current, there was no going back. This was scuba diving in fast forward. If you missed something, you weren't going to see it again cause the current just pushed you along. Because of this though and the lack of effort you have to exert while swimming, our dive was just over 50 minutes which is pretty long for a beginner diver like myself at about 20 meters.
The turtle we saw was over a meter across!
After our first dive, we stopped for lunch on Gili Meno and rested for a bit before our second dive. Usually you have to wait a couple hours between dives to let the nitrogen out of your blood naturally.
Our second dive was a slower current and there were more rock formations with smaller fish. We did see a HUGE moray eel though!
An amazing day! I absolutely love diving and wish I could do it more often! I'm excited for future trips when Glenn and I can go together!
Easy Grilled Pesto Chicken Wings
2 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment