Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happy Day for Glenn!

Glenn emailed me and sounded super excited cause he got not one, not two, but three boxes at mail call today! (He said the other guys were jealous, but he shared :) ) All of his birthday boxes arrived in more than enough time for his birthday. Which figures since the last box took 5 weeks, these would take only 10 days!

Also a happy day for me cause he FINALLY sent me pictures of the boat! I don't know why, but I like to picture where he is living and working each day. Here are a few of the pictures he sent me so you can see what boat life is like...

It says "Duty Desk" and "Jenna"

This is Glenn's room: That is his desk by the red arrow, the sinks in blue and the American flag in green. PS. 6 people live here!

Close up of Glenn's desk. Cozy, huh?

This is where Glenn sleeps (top right). This is the other half of the room in the second picture with his desk.

I know it's a boat and 6000 people live there and it's the government so it is gray and boring, but how do these men and women live here for months at a time? It's like summer camp that never ends and without campfires, marshmallows, best friends and capture the flag. I think I love you even more, baby!

Only 6 more weeks til the big M-day! Moving day that is. And if the Navy would buy my ticket. Small details, right?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Apparently you can't be claustrophobic and be in the Navy...

I'm glad Glenn was excited about all his boxes! :)

Linz said...

Wow how cozy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails