2. Phone calls! Glenn got to call twice this week! He is flying a bunch and getting a handle on everything he has to do for his jobs. Sometimes he sounds like he is actually enjoying it :)
3. Housing! We are officially first on the housing list. Ok, not officially, but the people ahead of us were offered a place so that makes me think that we are first.
4. Express Shipment! Our sponsor in Japan went to Personal Property in Atsugi this week and found out that our express shipment is already there. My clothes! My scrapbooks! My shoes! They made it!
5. Fun times with Mom! Mom and I drove all the way to Neenah, Wisconsin today (outside of Green Bay, 4 1/2 hours away) for an auction at an old grocery store. The equipment we were there to buy was not there. Mom chewed out the auction company for advertising one thing and then not having it. That was not the fun part, but rather than turning around and driving back right away we decided to make the best of a bad situation and hit up the outlet malls nearby! 2 more people checked off my Christmas list!
6. Papa Murphy's Pizza. Dinner tonight. I think the midwest may be the only place that has this take and bake chain, but their Chicago stuffed pizza is the best! I wish I could ship one to Glenn.
7. Halloween. I'm headed to Iowa City with some of my best friends in the whole world, Annie and Jeff, for a long weekend. Annie and I are going as Jeff's polygamist wives. She's wife #1 (I suppose that's ok since she really is) and I'll be wife #6. We're thinking something along these lines....
I need to perfect that hair poof before Friday.
8. Newphews! I miss Connor already. My favorite moment was Connor talking on his cell phone (mom's old phone). He was mumbling away and pacing around the foyer just like his dad. When I asked who he was talking to he put his hand over the phone, rolled his eyes at me for interrupting his phone call and said "Fia!" (Sophia, neighbor, 18 months old) and went back to talking. Are you 3 or 30, Connor??? It was too cute.
9. SCUBA! I signed up for Scuba classes. I start on the 12th of November. Glenn is going to take classes in Guam during deployments and dets and I'll do my open water dives in Guam next spring some time. I have to do my pool and classroom work here first. I got my textbook while we were gone and started reading in during the drive. I'm excited to get certified and dive in Australia and Guam and Japan and all over the pacific. Yay!
10. TV shows! I love the fall TV schedule! All my favorite shows are on and even better, I'm in first place by 30 points in my America's Next Top Model pool. Cross your fingers that Elina wins or Marjorie!

3 comments:
WAIT A SECOND...you're in an America's Next Top Model pool? I must be included in this next year!! Haha! I'll root for Marjorie. :)
Your top 10 made me smile!!
I took scuba 1 AND 2 in college (can you tell I was a super slacker?), so I know you'll love it!
Stella you are looking good!
Look how cute Stella is!! Oh, and Cali has Papa Murphy's too ;)
Post a Comment