Thursday, February 5, 2009

Being Domestic is Exhausting

When Glenn has duty, I often bring him lunch at the squadron because he cannot leave the SDO desk during the day. Last time, I got him Taco Bell. This time, I decided to be a little more domestic. And honestly, I don't have any classes or babysitting today, so I figured it would keep me busy.
I found this recipe awhile ago for gnocchi that looked good, but of course, the commissary in Japan does not even know what gnocchi is. So, I attempted to make it myself. I used this recipe I found on one of my favorite recipe website: Allrecipes.com. Actually, I used a combo of Gnocchi I and Gnocchi II cause I added an egg to the recipe above. The dough didn't seem to be sticking together very well. I impressed myself because it actually turned out really well! Even Glenn was impressed with my domestic abilities. I made gnocchi from scratch (pat, pat, pat) :).
So after 3 hours of boiling potatoes, ricing potatoes, rolling dough, boiling dough and finally making the sauce- you get this:And of course, this:

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

YUM!! Good for you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails