Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Christmas Date


The weekend before Christmas, Glenn and I headed up to Tokyo to check out the lights near Tokyo station and a Christmas market that I had read about. We got to Tokyo station a little before dusk so we stopped at a cute Chinese restaurant and had a glass of wine and an appetizer. As we were sitting there, all the Christmas lights on the street lit up. I love that the Japanese don't celebrate Christmas, but they still decorate for it! I love Christmas lights!

Just down the street from Tokyo station is the International forum (aka convention center). Currently, they are having a Christmas market call Marche de Noel de Straubourg. They had lots of yummy smelling food and drinks and a scary santa you could take pictures with. Glenn would not take pictures with scary Santa unfortunately.

Glenn and I bought a bottle of champagne and a cheese platter as the second course of our mobile dinner, but we didn't have any glasses to drink our champagne. Not wanting to be total hobos and drink from the bottle, we went and got a second sample of the brandy they were letting people taste test, but this time we kept our tiny glasses. Ghetto picnic success!

After our champagne and cheese course, we headed to one of the nearby restaurant areas and found a yummy Italian restaurant. I love our impromptu dates without much of a plan. They always turn out to be so much fun! Love you, babe!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Love checking out your blog from time to time. Always looks like you are having a ball.
Wish we could see you when you are in MN this month. Next time maybe.
lv
Pete and Sherri

Related Posts with Thumbnails