Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's beginning to feel a little kinda like Christmas

Glenn and I put up the Christmas tree a week ago or so after we got back from Nikko (which I still have to write about our final day there...) but it hasn't really hit me that Christmas is just a few weeks away. I guess if we were back in the States we'd be inundated with Christmas commercials and snow and things Christmas-y, but it doesn't really feel like it as much like Christmas here. I'm trying hard; making Christmas cookies, decorating the tree, attending the onslaught of holiday parties, but I could definitely use a dumping of snow like Iowa.

Here's our Christmas tree in our little military apartment. I think I might have to use a few of the ornaments from the squadron Christmas tree for next year cause I like that Christmas tree better. Today is feeling a little more like Christmas except minus the snow we're having a sleety rain storm instead, but Glenn is home (since the Change of Command was this morning) and it's going to be a lazy of afternoon of TV and baking. Sounds like Christmas to me!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails