Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hanami in Ueno

Last Saturday, Glenn, Stella and I headed to Ueno Park in Tokyo to enjoy a hanami party with friends. Glenn and I showed up around lunch time, but Seth and Rett got there at 7 am just to find a spot to put their tarp. You have no idea how many people were there! It was packed! Stella had to be carried through the park because it was too busy to let her walk!

It was a wonderful day of picnicing, drinking, enjoying friends and meeting new Japanese friends. Mostly, the just brought us drinks and acted drunk, but they were still fun too!
The Js definitely know how to picnic. There were spots reserved for companies and boxes all set aside. Don't wear your shoes on the plastic either! It's just like in Japanese homes...
It was dark before we knew it and definitely time to head home! Stella's second adventure in Japan. I think she was a little overwhelmed, but she did great.
Cherry blossom season is definitely one of my favorite times in Japan. I'm happy that we'll be able to experience 3 of them while we're here!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails