Glenn and I started by sleeping in til almost 10 am. I can't remember the last time I've done that. It kinda felt great. We got cleaned up and headed to Kampong Glam which is the Arab Street area of Singapore. If you haven't sensed a pattern to our trip yet, there definitely was one. We shopped, checked out the mosque and ate some amazing Egyptian/Lebanese food.
I think this lunch was one of my favorites of our whole trip. Their hummus was amazing!
After we checked out this area and wandered in to some fun art stores, we headed back to the hotel via the longest walk ever, but we made it! Our plan was to take a train, but our map did not tell us that that particular train station was closed! Nards! Thank goodness Singapore has miles of connected hotels and shopping malls so we could walk the last part through an air conditioned mecca of stores.
We hung out in our room for the later part of the afternoon and watched our free Stars Movie Network and then got cleaned up to go to drinks and dinner.
Before drinks, we stopped by the famous Merlion fountain? statue? to take some pictures. I'm not sure why it's so famous, but we took our obligatory photo and moved on to eating and drinking!
Drinks were at the Fullerton Hotel. Glenn stayed here last time he was in Singapore and it is one of the nicer hotels in town, but when he is with the squadron (sans wife) they all stay in one giant suite and split the cost. I think they had the presidential suite last time and Glenn paid around $100. You might not get a bed every night, but it's the cheap way to travel I suppose! They even have someone who's duty each day is to be the "Admin Queen". The Admin being what they call their hotel room. The Queen's job is to make sure they get towels, beds made and the place isn't a total mess.
The Fullerton makes an unbelievably good mojito which was the purpose of our 20 minute walk in new heels. We both ordered 2 of the S$20 libations. My four new blisters were worth it! Deliciousness!
We headed close by to another Hawker Center for dinner. S$80 in drinks = cheap dinner. We ordered something that I can't remember the name of, but was pretty much an Indian version of a cheese quesadilla that you dip in curry. Yes please! Two Tiger beers and some noodles and I was a happy girl!
Glenn and I realized that this vacation was only the second vacation (after our honeymoon to St. Lucia) that we have taken together via airplane. I've met him several places, but only the second time we've flown together with the exception of trips back to Minnesota. This day in Singapore was our 4th anniversary of our courthouse wedding. Glenn calls this April our 3rd anniversary, but I call it our 4th! The joys of a military family!
Easy Grilled Pesto Chicken Wings
2 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment