Sunday, November 28, 2010

Race for the Cure

 On Saturday morning, a few of the spouses from our squadron headed to Tokyo to run in the Race for the Cure. It was a beautiful day and it actually made the running really fun! We ran around the Imperial Palace following the moat for the most part. The air was cool and the leaves were beautiful. If running was always like that, I would probably do it more often. Three of us ran the 5K race and two people in our group ran the 10K race.
 I finished the 5K with a time of 32 minutes. I was pretty happy with that for it being my first race! In all there were about 1500 runners between the two races so it was a good turn out especially in a country that doesn't have as much awareness for Breast Cancer like the US.
 There were some other Atsugi-basers there too!
  What a great day though! It actually makes me want to go running again. That's new!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails