It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without making this recipe in my house. It's my favorite cranberry sauce of all times. I even made it early so I could have it for Glenn and I's Sunday night Thanksgiving. I think my mom cut the recipe out of the newspaper many years back and we've been making it ever since.
Here's the recipe:
- 1 12 oz. bag of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 lemon, zested, cut off the pith and cut the inside into 1/4" cubes
- 1 jalepeno, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick, remove before serving
Bring everything to a boil and reduce the heat until it thickens. Don't write blog posts and forget about it because then you get cranberry jam like I have this year. Still as delicious, but not exactly what I was going for.
I hope you like it!
No comments:
Post a Comment