Last week, I went with my friend, Ann, to her student's daughter's flamenco dance show? Huh? Yeah, that's what I thought. This happens a lot though, surprisingly. Not flamenco dance shows, but random events of this nature. As I've mentioned before, in Japan you don't just have a casual hobby. You have a serious, time-committing, I'm in the fan club and have been for 10 years hobby.
So we took the train to Shibuya to watch some flamenco. We got there an hour early so we could get the first tickets and pick our seats first. There were tables or chairs to choose from. We chose a table and waited for the show to begin. Ann and I were thoroughly amused by the size of the tiny tables and chairs. Seriously, my foot is next to the chair and it was the same size. They were child size or grown Japanese person size.
As you can see, they were not made for Americans.
We couldn't take pictures of the flamenco show, but here is Ann and her friends. I'm glad I went with her just so she had someone to commiserate about it afterward. Seriously, you've got to have some strong ankles and some earplugs for flamenco. Who knew?
Easy Grilled Pesto Chicken Wings
2 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment