Wednesday, September 14, 2011

New Favorite Thing: Gel Manicure

So I'm sure this really isn't new, but having been in Japan for 3 years where the cost of a spa manicure is approaching $100 (with this current extremely crappy exchange rate we're rocking right now), I rarely get manicures.

For the wedding I was in on Saturday, we got manicures at a great salon in Uptown Minneapolis. While perusing the polish colors I noticed several black bottles that said "Soak Off Polish". I inquired and was told that it was a gel polish that sets with a UV light. Since my nails are rather thin and bend easily, normal polish usually chips within hours or days and I feel like I've wasted my money.

Oh. my. goodness. I am hooked. Literally, minutes after the technician was finished, I ate an sandwich. Seriously, how many times can you do that after getting a manicure. It didn't dent or get messed up or anything! The polished hasn't chipped after almost a week, and it still looks shiny and perfect!

The only downfall is I've got to find a bottle of 100% acetone in order to remove the polish or wait for my nails to grow out completely which would look rather funny.

I'm going to have to find a salon in Norfolk that does this because I never got manicures before, but now I want them all the time!

1 comment:

Leica said...

I'm not usually into manicures or pedicures, but I had one of each before I went to the hospital, and I just removed the rest of the polish YESTERDAY. So gross. The paint on my nails had mostly chipped off, but the paint on my toes was holding strong (Butter London). It was like an inverted French manicure. Sooo gross.

Related Posts with Thumbnails