Thursday, January 12, 2012

"New" Couch

Well, I didn't get the job that I interviewed for so....the house posts continue (cause there isn't a whole lot else going on)! Of course they would have anyway, but I was hoping for some moolah to help. Oh well, the job hunt continues. I guess I know now that the facts about military spouses having a higher unemployment rate and making less than their peers is correct. Good thing I have a supportive (financially and otherwise) hubby.

One of the main reasons I drove 6 hours in one day to IKEA and back was for a new slipcover for our sectional couch. The layout of the living room here wasn't very conducive to a sectional. Because of the doorway, it required the couch to be too close to the fireplace and with the TV above the fireplace, I felt like I was staring at the ceiling. You saw the new couch already.

We disassembled the blue sectional, crammed it up our tiny staircase and now it has a shiny white slipcover!
The white couch, white wall and white carpet are clearly in need of a little color. Hence, the paint swatches taped to the wall. I'm leaning towards the blue/green on the far right. It's a darker shade, but I think I'll only paint the vertical walls and not the angled walls. This picture shows the "Norfolk swirl" that textures every wall and ceiling (except for one wall in the living room) in the house.
Here's what you see from the other sides of the room:
Oddly enough, I think the couch makes the room feel bigger, adds some scale to the space. Last night, I folded laundry while Glenn laid in bed, it was so nice to have somewhere to sit up there.

Some paint is next, then I am thinking an upholstered headboard. Perhaps in a textured, natural fabric like the pillows with some nail head trim. I need to sign up for some coupons from Joann's before I buy that foam though. Last time I looked, it is crazy expensive!
Now we just have to figure out what to do with this section of the room. We are thinking a treadmill or maybe just a spot to do our at home workouts...which start on Monday. Eek.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy big room batman! I am so jealous.

Sorry you didn't the get job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails