Friday, January 13, 2012

What color?

I've been avoiding painting because it is going to require repainting the trim in much of the house because the painters were terrible. The all beige is starting to get to me but even more so is the flat paint and all the marks that moving furniture and washing hands has left. There isn't any tile behind the sinks so when water splashes behind the sink, it sometimes leaves a mark. So, help me decide which color to paint the downstairs bathroom. Here is what I'm working with. Leave a comment please!

There is a small window in the shower but it is only about 12" x 24".

4 comments:

Jen said...

Does the room have a window? If not, I would stay away from the darker colors. Since you have fun pops of color (towels, shower curtain, etc) you can probably just do a warm beige color and then change your accessories when you get bored without having to repaint. Maybe the middle one on the light color swatch? One of my favorite colors in our house is Water Chestnut by Lowe's. It's in the upstairs guest room. Good luck deciding! Can't wait to see what you choose!

Sarah Stewart said...

I agree with Jen if it is a small bathroom go with a lighter beige. Plus, your bedroom is already in the blue family, so maybe it's good to break things up a bit. We've painted two houses now and my favorite beige colors are shellborne buff and tyler taupe from benjiman moore. Have you thought about painting your trim something other than white? We went with a light beige (lighter than the walls), and we love it. It looks so much less dirty.

Gizelle&Chris said...

I also agree with the light blues or beige.

Leica said...

I guess neon pink is out of the running?

Related Posts with Thumbnails