Before I started working and had lots of free time to party plan, Marcy and I planned a pink & purple themed baby shower for our friends, Amy and Zach and their soon to be daughter, Ella. It was a couples shower except two weeks before the shower, our other couple halves got sent to Jacksonville a week later than planned. Boo. The extra 4 hands would have been wonderful, but I think we did a pretty good job! I also loved throwing a party in our new house! They layout worked perfectly just as we hoped when we saw it during househunting!
I had fun making lots of pennants with leftover scrapbook paper. We decided to decorate with those because they matched the inviations we ordered off of Etsy.
Zach and Amy got a ton of adorable gifts personalized for their little one to be. I can't wait to meet her in another 5 weeks!
It was fun to do a couples shower too because several people got gifts just for Zach like his "Daddy Diaper Duty" kit.I got Amy and Zach an "E" from Restoration Hardware for the baby's room. For such a planner and organizer, I have been so impressed with Amy's restraint in decorating the baby's room. She hasn't decorated anything since they are moving ACROSS THE COUNTRY 3 weeks after the baby is born. Gotta love the Navy life!
I'm not gonna lie, I'm going to be a little devastated when they leave. At least we have another couple months and they have two houses that they have to come back East to check out occassionally.
We had about 25 people for the party and made tons of food to munch on. A few of Zach's favorite - chicken dip and cheeseburgers- and a few of Amy's- veggies, fruit and cherry limeade!
We had a short reunion with our little Kingsville foursome as well! The four of us all met while our hubbies were stationed in Kingsville, TX. We all lived in the same neighborhood. It was fun to catch up again.
We had a little table set up on the side where people could decorate onesies and diapers for Miss Ella. I was pretty impressed with people's creativity! They turned out so cute. I also made a small scrapbook where people could write a word of advice for Amy and Zach. I put it together with her ultrasound pictures and a few from the pregnancy. I used my Cricut cutter on the scrapbook as well and I think it turned out pretty darn cute.
I think Amy and Zach had a great time. Can't wait to see that little baby!

1 comment:
Looks like a job well done!
Post a Comment