The 10 Days before I leave for Japan are going to be crazy! I have already made myself a schedule so that I don't forget anything!
1. Saturday, November 29th: The Lawson family Thanksgiving in Bucyrus, Ohio. This the kitchen at my grandma's house. We usually cram about 50 people into the house on Saturday for Thanksgiving. This is why Stella is staying at Grandma and Grandpa Smiths. She would get stepped on!

2. Sunday, November 30th: Mom, Dad, Jen, Dave and I are making the 13 hour drive from Ohio back to Minnesota. This is always a long day!
3. Monday, December 1st: Drive up to Minneapolis to pick up lady dog from Grandma and Grandpa Smith's house. Ship anything that is too big to fit in my suitcase!
4. Tuesday, December 2nd: Get my hair cut and colored so I look beautiful for Glennjamin! Start packing for the big move!
5. Wednesday, December 3rd: Take Stella to the vet for her health certificate and some drugs to knock her out during the flight. I might also get her a rabies booster just in case. I don't want to worry about Japan not letting her in. Did I tell you that the import forms say that the importing country has the right to euthanize Stella if they deem necessary? How scary is that?! I am not taking any chances!! If you are curious what it takes to import a pet to a rabies-free country, take a look at this website.
6. Thursday, December 4th: Drive up to St. Paul to visit the USDA and get Stella's paperwork stamped. Since Stella has only seen civilian vets, Japan requires a government agency to approve her paperwork. There is only one USDA office per state. Thank goodness Minnesota's is only 80 minutes away.
7. Friday, December 5th: A very good college friend, Hillary, has been in the Peace Corp for the last two years in the Ukraine. She is coming back to Minnesota this weekend and we're going to go out to breakfast and catch up!

Friday is also the beginning of the Schlueter wedding festivities. Manicure and pedicure appointments, bridal luncheon, the wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner!
8. Saturday, December 6th: Megan and Nate's Wedding! Here is one of their engagement pictures. They're the cutest. I can't wait for the wedding!

9. Sunday, December 7th: Finish packing and possibly fly to Norfolk or Seattle or wherever the Navy makes me.
10. Monday, December 8th: LEAVE FOR JAPAN! Yippee!! See my love, this man:

No comments:
Post a Comment