Monday, November 24, 2008

Tuesday 10

10 Things I am Thankful for this year...

1. Glenn is safe. Deployments are scary and I know many of us Navy wives try not to think about how dangerous our husbands jobs are. I am thankful that Glenn stayed safe during this deployment and that he is a great pilot.

2. My family. Being home the last 2 months is going to make it even harder to leave in a couple weeks, but I am thankful for this time we have spent together and that we all love eachother so much. (Cheese!)

3. My friends. Glenn and I have been very lucky to have found fantastic friends in all of the places we have lived (and that list is getting long!). Although it is hard to move away from them, the Navy is special in the fact that we might very well see them again in the future.

4. The Navy. As crazy as it sounds, I am thankful for the Navy. The Navy is giving Glenn and I the opportunity to travel around the world and see things we might never have seen. With many family and friends worried about company lay-offs, it is also reassuring to know that the country will always need people. We are lucky to have the opportunities in front of us. And most of all, the Navy lets Glenn do something that he loves every day.

5. Tradition. My family is very big on holiday traditions. A certain casserole for breakfast. Mimosas while we open stockings. Thanksgiving on Saturday at Grandmas. 18 different kinds of cookies. Ok, so they're mostly food traditions, but I am thankful for them. I am looking forward to Christmas with just Glenn and I and we can continue these and start our own.

6. House. I am thankful that Glenn and I have a house for the next 3 years. Glenn gets to move in next Tuesday and hopefully our things will be delivered shortly after. I am excited to make all 845 square feet our own and decorate for Christmas when I get there.

7. 2 weeks. I am thankful that the next two weeks are jam-packed and will go by quickly! I can't wait to see you, baby!

8. Stella. Stella keeps me company and my bed warm every night while Glenn is gone. People always ask what we are doing with Stella when we move. She is coming with me, of course! The two of us have many more deployments and detachments ahead of us together. :) Plus, after all the shots, vet appointments and paperwork I have filled out for her, she better be coming!

9. Technology. Moving to the other side of the world is hard enough, but with webcams, internet phones, facebook, cell phones, and email it's going to make it a little bit easier. Staying in touch is important to me. (Also, I can keep watching all of my TV shows online :) )

10. Health. My whole family is happy and healthy right now. What more can you ask for, right?

So that post was a little sappy this week. What are you thankful for this season?
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails