Sunday, October 11, 2009

Home Improvements

I was suppose to go to on a tour this weekend, but it was rescheduled for Monday because of the typhoon. I was a little bummed I didn't get to go to the Great Lion Festival, but decided to be productive and paint the spare bedroom/office like I have been planning to since we moved in.

Over the last month it has taken me 5 trips to the hardware store to get paint mixed. The first 3 the machine was broken, the 4th no one at the store knew how to use the machine and finally the 5th trip was successful! This is when I really wish I had options like a Home Depot or Walmart or Lowe's or one of a million places in the states where I could get paint mixed. The majority of homes in Japan are wallpapered so they thinking painting your house is kinda crazy- expecially since they only wallpaper about once every 10 years.

Here's the ugly off-white BEFORE:The new blue-grey color AFTER:I suppose it's kind of hard to tell in the pictures, but trust me, it's way better. It's strange how the color of a room can just make you feel different. Stella tried to help too, but she was not so good with a roller. I'm holding her like this because I was trying to get her to not sit on the couch with paint on her butt. And so I could take a picture. :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

love the new color! It looks good on Stella too :)

Annie said...

cute!!! I love the new paint job.

Related Posts with Thumbnails