Thursday, October 15, 2009

Disney Sea Birthday Day!

For my birthday yesterday, my friends, Annie and Laura, and myself went to Tokyo to Disney Sea. Tokyo also has a Disneyland which is right next to Disney Sea. Japan has the only Disney Sea though. I have only been to Disney once when I was in eighth grade so I had forgotten about the crazy long lines, but thankfully we only waited in one really long line the whole day (which was 100 minutes!).

Disney Sea obviously has a water theme so we visited the Italian/Mediterranean coast, Cape Cod, Port Discovery, King Tritan's castle, Agrabah (Alladin) and Mount Prometheus. My favorite rides were the Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull and Journey to the Center of the Earth.The whole place was decked out for Halloween which is funny because the Japanese don't celebrate Halloween. I should have taken more pictures of the people at Disney because for us, that was a whole other attraction. High heels and skirts, every mickey ear you can imagine, mickey ski hats- everything. Apparently you don't come to Disney in Japan not dressed up and like a character. Who knew?
Here we are waiting in line for Storm Rider, a simulator type ride. Notice my sticker? I got a Happy Birthday sticker and all the park employees clapped and told me happy birthday when they saw me. So fun!
Jasmine and Alladin! Alladin was the most flaming man I have ever seen. Funny enough, none of the characters were Japanese like I would have expected. These two were speaking English, probably Americans! At the Alladin show we were given small hand-held devices that had English subtitles for us. It's hard to watch a 3D show and read subtitles at the same time, but at least we knew what was going on!Here we are in front of the Indian Jones ride. We went in the singles line of this ride and probably saved ourselves about 45 minutes of waiting. Best idea all day! The big snack at Disney in Tokyo is the popcorn. I should have taken a picture of this as well. Everyone carries around these souvenir buckets that you can get filled with popcorn, but that's not the crazy part. Never once did I see buttered popcorn. The flavors I saw yesterday were caramel, strawberry, chocolate, curry and black pepper! We tried the strawberry and it was pretty good!
We stayed through the light show at the end of the night, BraviSEAmo! Mickey came out on the Lagoon on a float and explained something but since it was in Japanese, we weren't quite sure what was going on. We think the water princess and fire dragon were battling eachother and then fell in love. But how could fire and water ever love eachother? Yeah, we missed that.

It was a great day with perfect weather and wonderful way to spend my birthday!

2 comments:

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

How Fun is THAT? Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails