I thought December was a busy month with squadron events, but I think January was just as busy! Last Friday we had a Hail and Farewell for our newest and soon to be leaving members. Logan is off to Mississippi for a VFA (jet) transition and Matt is headed to maybe Norfolk for a RAG instructor tour or hopefully Maryland for Test Pilot School.
Farewells are always fun because you get to tell stories about the stupid things that they have done over the last three years in Japan. Always entertaining. We had the farewell at a nearby restaurant called "Stinky Steak". Not the actual name, but I don't know the Japanese name and most people just call it stinky steak because of the garlic option for your steak or sometimes "Steak and Wine" because you can order a magnum (1800 mL) of wine for 1000 yen ($11). Needless to say, the night always ends up fun!
Here is Glenn telling a funny story about Matt Starr (call sign: Brown Starr).
Farewell Logan! (call sign: DB aka Danger Boy)

No comments:
Post a Comment