Our first full day in Phuket was another day of scuba diving! Well, Christina was a good friend and went snorkeling even though she doesn't like being in the water and I went diving. The coral and fish were much better in this part of Thailand. We got picked up in the morning by our dive company and headed to the pier. We loaded up in a nice boat with multiple other dive companies. The best part? It was just Newton, my dive master, and me diving together. Small groups are definitely better because they can point things out to you and you don't have other divers scaring the fish away.
We had a long boat ride out to Racha Yai (behind me in the far distance) so we took advantage of the sun and saw a few jelly fish too. Our first dive was in a cove off the island. Christina enjoyed a beer when she was done snorkeling and feeding the fish.
The most memorable part of the trip were the Trigger Fish. Thank goodness that Newton had warned me about these guys ahead of time!
When one starting biting my fins the first time, I freaked out a little bit! I thought I had kicked Newton's tank or hit the coral, but it was an 18 inch fish chomping on my yellow fins! He attacked a few times, swam around us and the longer we held still, the further away he swam. During the second dive, when another one came around, I just watched him and laughed. At least he didn't go for my fingers. Those teeth were scary looking! Definitely a few memorable dives.
After we got back to Phuket, we headed back to the hotel and got cleaned up, put on some nice clothes and headed to dinner. We went to a restaurant one town over recommended by LP. Christina and I had a nice romantic dinner, just the two of us. :)
Over dinner, we decided that we wanted to go to Phi Phi island the next day since our trip to the Vegetarian Festival didn't work out. At 10:00 pm, we headed in to Patong City to find a tour company. Luckily, things around there were open late, so we found a place still open and booked a trip that left at 8 am the next morning. Perfect!
We even had time for a beer and to check out the Lady Boys. I love Thailand!
Easy Grilled Pesto Chicken Wings
2 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment