Friday, January 27, 2012

More painting: China cabinet

I think I'm going to be covered from head to toe with paint before I put down the paint brush. The painting continues!

Now I am working on the Craigslist cabinet that resides in the master bathroom.

Here's the transformation it has made so far. I'm painting it with Benjamin Moore Impervo paint in White Dove. The research I did online said that the paint dries to a hard and washable surface that I thought would be good for a bathroom. It seems to good paint so far although at $22/quart. I won't be using it for a lot of projects. And it is oil based which I hate to clean up. I primed the cabinet first in a Zinnser primer. One more coat to go and then I'll reassemble it! I've got to let it dry for a full 24 hours between coats.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks good. Oil paint is a bitch to clean up - but I think it is worth it in the end.

The Bormann Family said...

Wow - this looks great. I have been wanting to refinish a piece for a couple years now! Can't wait to see the final product.

Related Posts with Thumbnails